- 6 pieces uncured bacon; these are smaller than regular bacon and fit better
- 3 or 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or other low fat milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion or other preferred vegetable
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or other preferred vegetable
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese, any type works
Use 4 eggs and 1/8 cup milk. You ca also skip the vegetables or add more cheese. This recipe is very flexible.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray half muffin tin of 6 muffins with cooking spray
- Wrap each piece of bacon around each spot to line muffin cups
- Add chopped vegetables to bottom of muffin cups
- Scramble eggs in separate bowl
- Add milk and garlic salt
- Mix well
- Using 1/4 cup dry measure, gently add egg mixture to muffin cups, fine to be half full or up to top
- Top with cheese
- Bake half hour
- Variation for crispier bacon: Bake with bacon and vegetables only; add egg after 15 minutes
- Pop out of muffin cups
- Serve immediately, or freeze for later, great for company!
About 75 calories per muffin, high in protein
These are wonderful for grab and go! High protein and lo cal.