- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef or ground venison burger
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 6 large or 12 medium cabbage leaves
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup or 1 large can
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl combine egg, milk, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add meat and cooked rice, Mix well.
- Remove center vein of cabbage leaves, keeping each leaf in 1 piece. Immerse leaves in boiling water about 3 minutes or till limp; drain.
- Place 1/2 cup meat mixture on each large leaf or 1/4 cup mixture on each medium leaf. Fold in sides, making sure folded sides are included in roll.
- Arrange in a 12 x 7 x 2″ baking dish.
- Stir together tomato soup with brown sugar and lemon juice. Pour sauce mixture over cabbage rolls.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 F oven for 1 1/4 hours, basting once or twice with sauce.