- 1 pound small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (12-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, egg, spinach, and seasonings.
- Butter a 9×13 inch casserole. Layer one third sauce, one third noodles, and half of cheese mixture; repeat. Layer remaining one-third noodles and sauce and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Pour water around edges and cover tightly with foil. Bake one hour 15 minutes, or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Lasagna may be prepared ahead and refrigerated, adding the water just before baking.