- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Southern Comfort Whiskey
- 1 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- 1 1/4 cups pecans, coarsely chopped or whole
- In a 2 quart pot, combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup. Cook over low heat, stirring continuously until sugar melts. Cool to room temp.
- Add 1/4 cup cooled mixture to beaten eggs and stir till combined.
- Add the egg mixture, vanilla, salt, and Southern Comfort to butter/sugar mixture and beat until completely combined.
- Place pecans in unbaked pie shell.
- Pour filling mixture over pecans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let pie cool before cutting.