- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (or almonds)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup sugar. With pastry blender or fork, cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Press in bottom of ungreased 9-inch square pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, vanilla and egg. Beat until smooth. Stir in pineapple. Spread over partially baked base.
- In small bowl, combine coconut, nuts and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over pineapple mixture. Return to oven and bake 18-20 minutes or until coconut is golden brown and filling appears set. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients. Drizzle over bars. Refrigerate until serving time. Enjoy!