- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, 4 ounces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounces) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-¾ ounces) can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 (6 ounces) can French-fried onion rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, celery, cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, water chestnuts, soup, and almonds.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle onion rings evenly over top and bake 5 more minutes, or until bubbly around edges.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with a nice tossed salad on the side.