- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bread
- salt and pepper or seasoned salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Toast bread very lightly, the bread should be just beginning to brown.
- Lightly butter toast and arrange on baking sheet, butter side down.
- Separate eggs, combining whites in a medium bowl and reserving yolks individually.
- Lightly season egg whites with salt and pepper or with seasoned salt.
- Using a whisk or egg beater (an electric beater will save your arm), beat eggs until stiff peaks form.
- Top each piece of toast with a mound of beaten egg whites, dividing evenly. Using the back of a spoon, make a small well in the center of each mound.
- Bake until egg whites are firm and just beginning to brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Gently place one yolk in each well, and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until yolks reach desired doneness.