- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- mint leaves, optional
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix butternut squash with milk and sugar in a medium pan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Cool.
- Squeeze liquid out of squash mixture by placing mixture in a towel and twisting the towel.
- Mix ricotta cheese and squash mixture in a bowl. Add eggs and nutmeg. Add a few torn mint leaves (optional). Salt to taste.
- Grease spring form pan and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place squash mixture in spring form pan and place on a cook sheet to catch any spills.
- Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs and cut up butter into small pieces and place on top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes. You may want to cover it with foil part way through to prevent it from getting too brown.
- Serve hot or room temperature.