- 3/4 cup butter (room temp)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped nuts – optional
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use mini chips)
- Beat butter and cream cheese with mixer until combined. Add sugar and eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into mixture.
- Add mashed bananas. Mix.
- Add chocolate chips. Stir in by hand.
- Spoon mixture into 2 greased bread pans. Sprinkle nuts (optional) over batter.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour. Test for doneness.
Great recipe. Really good flavor. Love the chocolate chips in it. I think the next time I will put the nuts in the batter and only a few on top.