Submitted by Guest Chefs from the Miller Family Farm.
Located in Carney, MI, and a member of Alger Delta Electric Cooperative, the Miller Family aquaponics Farm proudly provides their local community with fresh fish and produce, and the Millers have plans to build an on-site kitchen to serve fresh fish to guests.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced into thin half moons
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chicken flavored seasoning (vegetarian)
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Annie’s vegetarian)
- 12 ounces fresh kale chopped
- 3 ½ cup tomatoes, crushed
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 3 ½ cups Navy beans canned (drained & rinsed)
- 1 ½ cups zucchini, cut into small bite size
- 2 cups Ditalini cooked (or other small pasta)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrots. Sauté’ 2–3 minutes until onion
- Add mushroom, oregano and basil and cook 2 minutes over medium heat or until mushrooms are softened.
- Prepare broth by dissolving vegetarian chicken seasoning into boiling water then add to pot with onion mixture.
- Add steak sauce, Worcestershire, kale, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and beans. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10–20 minutes, add zucchini and cook 10 more minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, then add the cooked pasta. Remove from heat and serve.