- 6 tablespoons (good quality) olive oil
- 1-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound (5-6) fresh tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- grated Parmesan
- spaghetti noodles
- Heat olive oil, add garlic and cook until blanched (do not brown).
- Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, and salt. Stir until blended.
- Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghetti al dente; drain. Cover with sauce and sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan. Mix well and serve with extra cheese.
- Serve immediately.