- 2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Put raisins in saucepan; add 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 min. Drain and cool, reserving juice.
- Cream shortening, sugar, and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Sprinkle 2 T. over raisins; stir to coat.
- Add water to raisin juice to make 1 cup. Alternate adding dry ingredients and raisin juice, beating after each addition. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Fill paper muffin cups 2/3 – 3/4 full.
- Bake at 360° for 25 – 30 min until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
Makes 28 – 30 cupcakes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
- Confectioners sugar
- Finely chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, melt together butter, milk, vanilla, and salt. Remove from heat.
- Beat in powdered sugar until of desired consistency.
- Spread on cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with walnuts.