- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 12 slices French or Italian bread
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, till thickened.
- Pour sauce into lightly sprayed 9 x 13″ baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans. Place 6 slices of bread on top of sauce. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and cover with remaining 6 slices of bread.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in blender. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking. Preheat oven to 350. Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes till lightly brown.
- Caramel Sauce: In small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 1 Tbsp. light corn syrup. Cook till thickened, stirring constantly. Drizzle over toast right before serving.
- Serve immediately.
This Oven-baked Caramel French Toast melts in your mouth!! Get LOTS of request for it and the recipe.