- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves black garlic
- 1 cup fennel chopped w/ frawns
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Calabrian chili flakes
- 1 sprig rosemary leaf
- 1 handful chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pound ground venison
- 2 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup morel mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups organic chicken bone broth
- 2 cups low sodium V-8
- 1 box (8 ounces) quinoa elbow pasta
- 1 can cannelini beans
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup pepadew peppers & splash of pickling liquid from jar
- Heat ceramic cast iron pot to medium. Add oil. Sauté onions, garlic, fennel, salt, and pepper. Cook until onion & fennel are tender.
- Add herbs and ground venison. Cook until meat is browned.
- Add zucchini, morels, and kale. Sauté a minute, stirring.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook until pasta is al dente.
- Add additional broth or vegetable juice if needed. I prefer it thick.
- Garnish with fresh basil & lemon zest. Season to taste.
Amazing all day stewed taste from my Italian family to yours. Manga