- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 (15-ounce) cans French cut green beans, drained
- 4 (15-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 2 small cans tomato paste
- 2 heads garlic, cloves peeled and smashed
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a dutch oven or other lidded heavy pan, sauté onion in olive oil until soft. Add all ingredients (except salt and pepper) and cook in a 250 F oven for 5 hours or until the garlic is soft. Add salt and pepper to taste. This can be served on pita bread as a dip, or over rice for a meal.