- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans golden mushroom soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 roll of Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits (or equivalent brand)
1. Cut chickens breast into bite-size pieces.
2. Place chicken, onion, carrots and celery in a large pan with a little oil.
3. Cook until chicken is done.
4. On a floured surface, roll out each biscuit with a rolling pin to a thickness of 1/8″
5. Fill each flattened biscuit with the chicken mixture, folding over and seal by pinching edges, making a turnover.
6. Mix both mushroom soups and broth in a large pan.
7. Carefully place dumplings into liquid, cover and cook 30 minutes.
Sounds like the Oillsbury recipe I made thirty years ago except it used cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups. Seems like there was one more vege in the dumplings. It was so very good and filling! My mother asked for that recipe!!! Glad I’ve got this again. Thanks!!