- 6 cube steaks (or fewer)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- hot mashed potatoes (or cooked noodles)
- Place flour in plastic baggie. Add steaks separately and shake till covered.
- Brown steaks in veggie oil in large skillet. Transfer to crockpot.
- Add onion and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours (or until tender).
- Whisk gravy mixes in bowl with remaining 1 cup water. Add to pot. Cook 30 additional minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles. Serve immediately.