- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 32-ounces potato gnocchi
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add celery, onion, garlic, and carrots and sauté for 2-3 mins until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, carrots, salt, pepper, thyme, and gnocchi; bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 mins.
- Stir in half and half and spinach and cook for another 1-2 mins until spinach is tender. Taste, add salt and pepper if needed, and serve.
SO easy and delicious! I sent this soup to a friend recovering from a broken hip and she said it was better than Olive Garden!