- 2 cups chopped celery (including leaves)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
Directions To Make Celery Syrup
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chopped celery, sugar, water and celery seeds.
- Let stand, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- Chill, covered, 8 hours or overnight
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve
- Transfer syrup to a lidded jar or bottle and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Non-alcohol, Use it to flavor soda water, adding a squeeze of lemon if desired.
- For alcohol version – Throw in an ounce or two of gin
- Serve immediately. AND ENJOY!