- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 tablespoons butter, room temperature (or vegan butter substitute or coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Rinse the cranberries and place them and the blueberries into the dish. Sprinkle the 1/4 cup sugar on top of the berries in the dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the brown sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon. Add the butter and mix it into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter or fork, until the butter is well incorporated and the mixture forms a sandy, crumb texture.
- Spread the crumb topping over the berries. Gently pack down the topping using the back of a spoon, making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes, or until the berries are bubbly and the edges of the topping are lightly browned.