Makes about 14 servings
- 5 pounds potatoes, Yukon or Redskin
- 2 1/2 cups mayonnaise, divided
- 3/4 pound cooked and crumbled bacon, reserve some to garnish the top
- 2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
Cook bacon and let cool so you can crumble up into smaller pieces (or use pre-cooked bacon crumbles). Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil then simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool potatoes. Cut into bite-sized pieces and mix with 2 cups mayonnaise. Mix bacon, cheese, and chopped green onion to remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Add to potato mixture by gently combining so potatoes don’t fall apart. May add salt and pepper to taste. Top with bacon crumbles and chill before serving.