- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 8 french rolls
- Combine chicken, celery, almonds, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, and cheese; blend well.
- Scoop out the center of each French roll; fill with the chicken mixture.
- Wrap each roll in aluminum foil, twisting each end to resemble a firecracker.
- Place on a grill; heat about 20 minutes, turning several times. Makes 8 firecrackers. Enjoy! Great idea for something a little different for the Fourth of July.